Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pamela’s Top Trends in Luxury

As autumn approaches, so do the invitations for fun nights out with friends and galas galore.  With so much going on this time of year I am becoming a little preoccupied with thoughts and plans for the holidays that are fast approaching.  Summer I miss you but holidays I love you…As most of you who know, when I am not talking about travel, haters, politics or sports, I am talking about luxury and I am pleased to showcase on my blog clients of the Luxury Marketing Council where I serve as Chairwoman for Texas.
Zip it UP!  Literally with Van Cleef & Arpels
This beautiful piece of art is adorned with diamonds, turquoise, chrysoprase and choromelanite.


Yes it is a zipper! Some of Van Cleef & Arpels’ earlier Zip designs are on display in an expansive exhibition, Set in Style: The Jewelry of Van Cleef & Arpels, at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum in New York through June 5, 2013. The exhibit showcases more than 300 pieces of jewelry, watches, and sketches illustrating the house’s influence on design over the past century. But despite all the fanfare, those who wish for a Zip necklace of their own should not expect to acquire one easily: It takes a team of skilled craftsmen from 400 to 1,000 hours to create one, and as much as a year for a special-order design to be completed.  Van Cleef & Arpels, 877.826.2533. The price is a cool $690,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment